1. Media and Information Literacy Card Game
The Media and Information Literacy Card Game is to teach a critical approach to media content. Developed in 2017 with the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF), Thailand and Myanmar Office, the card game is intended for primary and secondary students. The game presents situations young people face in everyday life. It provokes participants to thoroughly and critically assess how issues affect their media consumption behavior through five key questions:
• Who created this message?
• Which techniques are used to attract my attention?
• How might different people interpret this message?
• Which lifestyles, values, and points of view are represented, or missing?
• Why is this message being sent?
During 6 – 8 November 2019, the Media and Information Literacy Card Game will be presented at the World Forum for Democracy (WFD) in Strasbourg, France.